Monday, March 1, 2010

Intrapersonal

Since there is no "logical" section in the task, I shall do my third highest one in the test, that is, intrapersonal.
"Intrapersonal [pick one]:
a. Who would you want to be friends with in the novel? Explain."


For me, I would gladly want to be friends with Boo Radley. This is mainly due to the lack of description of Boo Radley in the novel. Although there are some kind of mention in the novel about Boo Radley, they are all others' perceptions with no evidence. This increases my curiosity about how Boo Radley behaves, why he is "emo" or anti-social. He appeared at the end of the novel, showing his particularly shy character which I seemed it as his way of showing politeness and friendliness.

Other people in the novel think that it is abnormal to be anti-social, thus criticizing Boo Radley and made up myths and stories that are false. This is especially unfair to Boo Radley. They think that he is scary and was seen as a demon or a monster. However, this is not true. It is ironic that since Boo Radley is in his house all the while, how would they know what he is doing in the house?

I want to be his friend as I want to know more about this mysterious character. What is his real character? Is he really a scary person like what they say? From the last chapter, he does not seem to be so. Is he a friendly person then? Why did he choose to stay in his house all the time? I want to know more about his lifestyle. How is life like for him?

Given his character, I guess it might be impossible for me to be friends with him. If I could, this would mean that he is sociable which he is the opposite. Even Scout or Jem did not manage to see him after the incident. Perhaps he just want to live life without any interferences from others.

1 comment:

  1. Haha nice copy me in saying that Boo Radley is the one that you want to be friends with:D Anyway, I agree with you that Boo Radley is a mysterious guy and I myself also want to know him more about him and have a mutual understanding of him and his personalities so that I can show to the society that Boo is just a normal boy who lives across the street and is not what they perceive him as, through the different prejudices, and by making friends with Boo, I would want to show people that he is just an ordinary boy and show them that being different is not a bad thing. :)
    How would you feel that you can help to change the society if u befriended Boo and what do you think are the advantages and the disadvantages of befriending someone like Boo? :)

    ReplyDelete