Monday, March 8, 2010

Busy Bees

This post is going to be about being busy, which I have been for the past few weeks. The reason which is the most common, is the revision for tests. Before the end of Term 1 tests, I was basically just doing homework, revise, eat, revise more and sleep after I reached home. There are even more thign to do such as CMC meeting, ACE, research for project's day, etc.

However, revision does not take up most of my time. Even before the tests dates were revealed, the homework itself is a lot due to the new teaching technique called JITT. This requires massive researching and homework before/after lessons. Anyway, I didnt expect me to be have so many homework to do as there was a sharp contrast between the first few months of Sec 2 and the first few months of Sec 1. I do expect some differences, but not to this extent.

All this decreases my free time, be it time to rest, time to play and time to sleep. It is very tiring after a day full of work and I would have to wake up early in the next morning which siginifies the start of another day with similiar things to do.

One who is busy would be irritated easily, such as when he is finishing or "chionging" his ACE or online research, he is disturbed by people who are asking him other non-important things. This is one of the cons of being busy. Another is that one whoulf be frustrated when he is unable to acheive his target (eg. to finish homework by 8pm). This leads to emotional unrest and may be harmful to our mental health.

This is also the case when all the tests are over. This week is the sabbactical week, which meant to be a relaxing week for us. However, yesterday, I had to stay back all the way to 4pm for Sci Olympiad and I had to finish the homework, CMC meeting minutes, Geog Ace, etc. Haixx. Anyway, busy is defined as "actively and attentively engaged in work or a pastime" so I am also busy typing this post now. :D

Hope that I can get to enjoy more free time in the coming days~~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Si Hao,

    I thought you are 'Chaos hero'? So you should be 'steady' in this 'storm'. Well, being busy is not really something you can control, the only thing you can change is your mindset.

    Ok well I agree the past few weeks have been really tiresome and peppered with overwhelming fatigue but looking back it has also been a fruitful term. In my opinion, being busy makes you more efficient and productive, and let you learn more in a short period of time. Of course, too much fatigue may decrease your ability to learn but overall the business benefitted me somehow! XD

    Good luck and hope you really get more free time in the coming days! :D

    Derrick

    ReplyDelete