Thursday, March 5, 2009

My Reading Habit

I am back blogging at this blog. The one I call the 'Lang Art' blog. I created a personal one recently.

Talking about my reading habit this time round. I just created a weRead account under the supervision of Ms Lim. You can created one too with the link at the link list.

I don't read much english books since the PSLE. Therefore, I am quite worried about what I should write for this post. I don't have a reading habit! Took a look at weread.com and found out that almost all the book titles are there. I saw some books that I really like to read in the past there as well. I don't mean fairy tales but books that are really good. For example, some books written by Roald Dahl like Matilda, James and the Gaint Peach when I was in around P4.

Later in the year, I read some of the books in the Chronicles of Narnia. The next 2 years, I started to read widely under the recommendation of my primary school teachers. One of the books that I really like is "Bridge to Terabithia". It is about a boy named Jess and a new girl in school named Leslie or something like that. I can't remember clearly. Jess and his fellow schoolmates were having a race to see who runs the fastest and Jess had practiced all Summer for it and the new girl, Leslie actually beat the boys.

It turns out that Leslie was Jess' neighbour and that was when their frendship began. They invented a new magical world like Narnia, which they called Terabithia. They reigned as king and queen in Terabithia. Nearly to the end, Leslie died in an accident when she was going to Terabithia. What happened next? What happened to Jess? I am not telling. :D You have to read it yourself to find out.

Some of the books that I would like to read is "Tuesdays with Morries" and "The Five People You Meet In Heaven" both by Mitch Albom. These books are recommended by my friends which I believed that they are quite nice. It has been a long time since I want to read it but I just don't have the opportunity to do so.


2 comments:

  1. Well honestly I also haven't read anything this year:)Wow, Si Hao, that was quite a brief but vivid description of Bridge of Terabitha(or whatever the name is), which I think was made into a movie last year. Anyway, u have really good memory. I read a book last year, titled 'Egghead' by Caroline Pignat, which I think is similar in content, but it is quite touching too. Anyway, do continue to generate more good and quality posts like these!:)

    Derrick(if u don't know who I am)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your review of Bridge of Terabitha is superb. Your teaser question will motivate your friends to read the book.

    ReplyDelete